Author: Jimmy Norton
Celebrations are a part of every culture. In many cultures of the world, a celebration with a cake is a significant tradition. Every person wants to celebrate the special events of his/her life. And for this there are the special occasion cakes. The special occasion cakes, as the name suggests are really special and unique. These cakes are baked and designed for the special occasions they are meant for.
The special occasion cakes, as the name suggests are really special and unique. These cakes are baked and designed for the special occasions they are meant for. We just mention here the names of some important event or celebration and the related cakes:
- Baby shower cakes: Baby shower cakes are part of baby shower celebration which is held in the later stages of pregnancy or sometimes just after the baby is born. There are two types of baby shower cakes edible cakes which are baked like other regular cakes; and non-edible cakes or diaper cakes which the mom tears to cover the small bottom of the newly born. Whatever may be the cake design, it should merge the baby-stuff or the elements of childhood in it. As such the baby shower cakes come in different unusual shapes like a baby boy or girl, a teddy bear, cakes topped with small edible toys, Mickey-figures etc. There are colorful cakes in single-tiers or multi-tiers also. Baby shower cakes are the perfect way to give your love, care and affection on the mom and her baby.
- Birthday cakes: Birthdays are occasions to be celebrated almost in all cultures of the world. Every person from a kid to an adult wants to celebrate this day with a cake. Birthday cakes are designed in different interesting shapes like a Poker’s table, a Disney land, football field, Philadelphia flyers shape, an airplane, a guitar etc. These cakes are baked in different flavors like apricot, chocolate, vanilla, lemon, strawberry etc. A birthday candle serves as the best birthday cake topper. Special occasion cakes like birthday cakes are really special celebrating the time we come on this lovely world.
- Bridal showers cakes: Wedding shower or bridal shower cakes are also special occasion cakes. Bridal shower cakes are cut on the bridal shower function celebrated on the night before the actual wedding ceremony. Usually the bride’s maid order for a cake that reflects the would-be-bride’s hobbies and passions. One of the most popular bridal shower cakes is the one that is an exact replica of the bridal gown. There are wedding shower towel cakes also which can be unfolded and used by the bride after her marriage. You can use any cake topper or cake favor that suits the personality of the would-be-bride.
- Wedding cakes: The wedding cakes and the cake-cutting ceremony is a significant wedding tradition. There are wedding cakes which are baked in multiple designs and flavors. There are single-tiered cakes, multi-tiered cakes, individual cupcakes etc. Here follows a list of different wedding cakes based on themes, colors and flavors:
- Beach wedding cakes
- Fall wedding cakes
- Tropical wedding cakes
- Christmas wedding cakes
- Seashell wedding cakes
- Chocolate wedding cakes
- Cheesecake wedding cakes
- Cheap wedding cakes
- Black and white wedding cakes
- Traditional wedding cakes
- Butterfly wedding cakes
- Cheap wedding cakes
- Wedding Anniversary cakes: A wedding anniversary is as special as the wedding. For this special event cakes are baked in many ways that reflect the couple’s choice and temperament. A wedding anniversary cake is generally topped with candles that represent the total number of years. You can also have two cakes in the shape of two numbers like one and zero if it is a 10th wedding anniversary. Again many couples opt for an exact replica of the wedding cake as a wedding anniversary cake. Cake topper like a figurine of the wedding couple as they appeared on their wedding day can be reproduced to revive the past spirit. Wedding anniversary cakes are thus special occasion cakes.
For all these occasions, cakes are baked in individual style and taste. Most of the cakes are available in common flavors like chocolate, vanilla, lime curd, coconut etc. Filling can be done with fruits like banana, pineapple, peach, blueberry and nuts like walnuts, hazelnut etc. For icing you can choose from butter cream, chocolate Ganache, fondant etc. Special occasion cakes are very beautiful and elegant cakes.
About the Author
Images Source: PocoLoco